Address: Goriano Sicoli


The church was built in the 13th century and was originally dedicated to San Donato.
The building is the result of several restorations and transformations that continued over many centuries. In 1304 it was enlarged with the annex of the convent of the Poor Clares. Later, inside, ancient paintings were discovered hidden behind a layer of lime wash, one of which dates back to the 15th century.   Unfortunately these were damaged by German troops during World War II.
The main façade is crowned horizontally and the portal with the circular oculus are finished with carved stone. It is a typical medieval church with a single hall covered with wooden roof trusses.
Inside is a statue of San Donato the bishop and two wooden statues of St. Clare and St. Anthony of Padua from the 14th century.   Behind the altar is a fresco depicting the Deposition of Our Lord and some lunettes with frescoes depicting the Risen Christ, San Donato and San Sebastian the Martyr from the 15th to 16th centuries.